- Lots of Data (Terabytes or Petabytes)
- Big Data is the term for a collection of data sets so large and complex that it becomes difficult to process using on-hand database management tools or traditional data processing applications.
- Systems or Enterprises generate huge amount of data from Terabytes to and even Petabytes of information
- Facebook generate 500+ TBs data per day for analysis.
- NYSE generate about 1 TB data of new trade data per day to perform stock trading analytic to determine trends for optimal trades.
- One Airoplane per day generate almost like Facebook data quantity.
- Lighting or Electricity board has also lots of data per day to analytics for calculating power consumption for a particular state.
70 % data | 30% Structured
Unstructured(NoSQL) | Data (RDBMS)
Vertical Scalability | No Vertical Scalability
Big Data Technologies
1. Operational Big Data-
System that provide operational capabilities for real time interactive workload where data is primarily captured and stored. (MongoDB)
2. Analytical Big Data-
System that provide analytical capabilities for retrospective, complex analysis that may touch most of all the data. (Hadoop)